More information about how your data will be used by FinReg during the recruitment process can be found below.
Who is collecting your personal data?
When you apply for a job at FinReg, we will collect and use personal data about you during the recruiting and hiring process. Your personal data may be retained and used by FinReg for the purpose of considering your qualifications for employment, as required by law, or as otherwise described below.
“FinReg” means the specific FinReg affiliates, subsidiaries, and contracted service providers who will collect, use, and maintain your personal data in connection with your application for employment, our Recruiting, Talent Management processes, and any hiring process if you are extended an offer of employment.
What personal data will FinReg collect?
This policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by FinReg. The following information is acquired during the application or recruitment process:
- Your name, address, email address and telephone number;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties; and/or
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to FinReg and/or any previous employment history with FinReg.
If you are successful in your application and FinReg make you a formal offer, the following information will be requested on issuance of your contract of employment:
- PPSN / Tax Certificate
- Passport / Visa / Proof of residency
- Copies of College Transcripts
- Photo / Bio for Firm website
- Consent / Permissions
Your submission of personal data to us via the application process constitutes your consent to FinReg’s use of your data and your verification that it is accurate.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to FinReg, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that all representations made by you are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment.
From what source will FinReg obtain your personal data?
FinReg may obtain data about you from the following sources:
- From you, when you submit CV’s or other information online.
- From conversations with recruiters and interviews with hiring managers and other FinReg personnel or representatives, some of which may be recorded (with your express knowledge and consent) as well as from Internet searches that these individuals may perform, or data that they may obtain from job search or professional networking websites (e.g. monster.ie, irishjobs.ie, LinkedIn, etc.) where you may have made data about yourself publicly available.
- From third-party recruiters, staffing companies, or websites where you are introduced to FinReg.
- From background / reference checks, as applicable. The content of background check information varies by country to comply with local requirements, but may include information gathered from publicly available sources, your former employers or colleagues, schools you have attended, etc. These types of information will only be collected with your prior consent, and you will receive more information about the nature of such a background check before it begins. Where required by applicable local law, you may be asked to provide certain background check information, (which may include sensitive data) directly to FinReg.
- Your information will be used by FinReg for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at FinReg;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to FinReg’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws [employment, tax], regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
- We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of FinReg, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
- If you are offered and accept employment with FinReg, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Who will have the access to your personal data? Where are they located?
In general, access to your personal data will be restricted to minimize the number of people in FinReg’s organisation who need it in order evaluate your application for employment, perform functions supporting our recruiting functions, or to whom we are compelled to provide it by applicable law.
The following categories of individuals will have access to your personal data:
- Hiring managers and other interviewers
- The HR team
- Individuals performing administrative and IT support functions
- If successful, your information will then be shared with our payroll provider to enable processing of salaries, benefits etc.
All personal data belonging to candidates or employees of FinReg is held in a restrictive, secure network server. FinReg is committed to follow EU Data Privacy legislation and confirms that CVs and other personally identifiable information submitted through our website or other applications, such as email, is stored within Europe.
How long will FinReg retain my personal data?
If you are given and accept an offer of employment by FinReg, personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your FinReg personnel records, to be retained throughout your employment duration. After termination of your contract your data will be only retained for a period of 3 years plus current and will then be destroyed.
If FinReg does not employ you, Finreg may nevertheless continue to retain and use personal data collected during the recruitment process in order to consider you for new positions, and, if appropriate, to refer back to an earlier application if you submit a resume or other information to FinReg again in the future. This data will be only retained for a period of 12months and subsequently destroyed.
How FinReg protects your personal data?
FinReg employs organisational, technical, and physical security measures in order to protect your data from loss or misuse. Where we contract with third-party suppliers to provide services that may enable them to access your personal data we require them to have similar security controls in place and this access is supervised and limited to requirements.
How to obtain a copy of FinReg's internal Data Protection policy, request access to your personal data or contact us with questions or feedback.
If you wish to access a copy of your personal data or to correct it if you believe it is inaccurate, you may email FinReg’s Data Protection Representative via email@example.com.